Books & Resources to assist with understanding FASD
** Check your local library for these books, Google search or use the link provided
- Damaged Angels: A Mother Discovers the Terrible Cost of Alcohol in Pregnancy – Bonnie Buxton Link
- Trying Differently, Not Harder – Diane Malbin – Fascets Link or Canadian source Link
- FASD Outreach (site includes a # of resources) Link
Strawberry & Cracker, Twins with Fetal Alcohol Syndrome. It is a full color, printed, picture book (and soon eBook), and the two main characters are Strawberry and Cracker, twins with FAS. The first in the series is titled, THE SCHOOL DAY, and shines light onto the challenges and supports children with FASD experience at school. The book is now available from Amazon. The book is designed to fulfill several needs:
- To offer children with FASD a fun picture book highlighting daily challenges they can relate to.
- To help children with FASD accept their diagnosis with dignity and self-respect.
- To offer caregivers a tool with which to introduce their child with FASD to the disorder.
- To bring awareness of FASD to the public.
Link for the above books